Obviously, the kind of people who use Octopress would already know this, but just in case.
In your WebFaction Control Panel:
- Click on Domains/websites
- Add your domain name (which has already been configured to point to your Webfaction server
- In Applications Create a new application
- App Category -> Static
- App type -> Static only (no .htaccess)
- Finally, in Websites
- New -> Choose your subdomain, App, and fill in the URL, which most probably would be /.
Enjoy the extremely fast load times provided by WebFaction’s nginx servers :).
Disclaimer: Webfaction link contains my affiliate ID